Popular Post

Monday, April 11, 2011

Kara Holden Writes SOUL SURFER!!!

"I just wanted to let everyone know that a movie that I wrote, and that I am very proud of, is coming out on Friday, April 8th, called SOUL SURFER. You won't get to see my name on screen (due to some antiquated Writer's Guild rules, dumb) but you will see my heart up there, because I poured it into this script. I am so inspired by Bethany Hamilton (the real life girl the movie is based on) and I know you will be too! I hope you get a chance to see the movie, not only because I think it is a beautiful story with gorgeous cinematography, but also because I think it's important to support uplifting movies when Hollywood makes them so they'll continue making them:)
P.S. If you're curious what I actually worked on: I did a page 1 re-write of the script, which includes the entire opening up until the first competition, all of Bethany's dialogue and all of the Voice Over (narration), the dialogue between Bethany and her parents, and all of the scenes with the youth leader -- yep, Carrie Underwood has me to thank for writing her first movie role;) I worked on pretty much everything except the surfing competitions and the surf lingo..and anything you might think is bad -- heehee:)"

No comments:

Post a Comment